Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Bengals Will Be Just Fine For 2023 Season
(03-11-2023, 01:54 PM)samhain Wrote: Maybe.  I mean, he's better than Turner.

The Bengals, particularly Taylor seem to know what they are doing.  They make some mistakes and learn on the fly.  

One mistake they need to learn from is continuing to hire bad to so-so OL coaches.  

They will undoubtedly invest an insane amount of money in offensive skill players throughout the Burrow era.  There won't be a lot of wiggle room in the cap to patch holes on the OL with established free agents.  They are not stellar at drafting OL.  

I'd find the best OL coach that fits the scheme and pay him whatever he wants within reason.  There's no cap on coaches, and the impact is significant.  We need a guy that can develop players and pick the right guys for the scheme.  Stop moving guys all over the place from natural positions.  It's a shitty practice that puts them upside down in the long run.  I get that there are needs, but it gets silly seeing it all the time.

Pollack is as good as the players he's given.  He was great in Dallas because he had studs all over the line.  He's not likely to get guys like that here.  He's going to have to make them, and idk if he can.

Zac has obviously proven he’s a great judge of coaches. Oh sure he struggled out the shute due to his late getting the job. He whiffed on Jim Turner badly but he had seen his success in person at TAMU and Miami. Turner is related to his FIL. Unfortunately Turner’s marine style relates horribly with todays athlete much less professional. You can know coaching but if players hate you it doesn’t matter a lick. Pollack was Mike Brown’s guy and Taylor had no choice with his precarious position as head coach. They brought in Derek Frazier from I believe Wyoming to help him. I really hope they trade up with Detroit @18 and swap first rounders and give them our second rounder. Get a great tackle or TE. I’d have that trade ready to do if someone they really want is there.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Will Be Just Fine For 2023 Season - Soonerpeace - 03-11-2023, 03:29 PM