Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Bengals Will Be Just Fine For 2023 Season
(03-11-2023, 11:52 AM)samhain Wrote: The Carman situation is frustrating.

He did everything you could ask of him at the most critical time of year.  

This occurred in a season where he was a healthy scratch more than once.  It really calls the OL coach and his ability to evaluate talent into question.  The guy not only held his own, but was extremely physical and a willing mauler in the run game.  Did not fit the narrative of a lazy fat guy that didn't like football that hung around his neck since the minute he got here.  This dude rode the bench behind Adeniji.  I just don't get it.

I get that it's 2 games, but this team is starving for capable young OL.  Failing to find a place for him is discouraging.  What's also discouraging is that he's going into year 3 and will be extension-eligible as Higgins is right now.  How are they supposed to evaluate Carman when he's on the bench?  

How pissed would you be if this guy sits behind Jonah, the anointed starter for another season, due to size of contract only?  How pissed would you be if he walks after his rookie deal only to sign with another team and look like he did in the playoffs while the Bengals continue to toil trying to find homegrown OL talent?

People clamor for McGlinchey as a RT candidate.  MicGlinchey is basically a rich man's Jonah Williams.  Jonah has played the right side.  I feel like the team is missing an opportunity to maximize the in-house talent by leaving Jonah at LT.  That move makes the biggest offseason need a non-need.

It seems to me like the O-line coach has a personal issue with Carman and would rather see him fail then succeed. I do not think Pollack liked the Carman pick and was upset that the owner took piano mans advice and picked Carman. 

Pollack need to worry about keeping his own job and develop every O-lineman to the best of his ability or he might find himself looking for a new job. 

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Will Be Just Fine For 2023 Season - BengalsBong - 03-11-2023, 05:05 PM