Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock!
(03-11-2023, 04:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know that there is room for Mayer to grow in the NFL, he may very well have been utilized to the maximum of his abilities in college.  Factoring that in, along with the talent he'll be facing getting tougher, it creates a level of expectations that a player sometimes is unable to live up to in the Pros.

Well, that would be the reason to pass on Mayer for sure. Darnell Washington's upside is huge compared to Mayer in this aspect.

Still wanting the other Darnell for RT but I can understand others wanting the TE too. That catch tells you why and him being on the
same team as maybe the next best TE to come out makes it all make sense as to why Washington wasn't much of a target at Georgia.

(03-11-2023, 04:26 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I do not want to discredit the abilities of Mayer as he is a very, very solid player and a safe selection. However, since this debated started I have watched all of the tape that I can find and I am sorry but it is not overwhelming. When I watch his tape there is nothing that jumps off the screen to me and screams you have to take this guy in the first round. The USC tape was about the most outstanding I could find and it was a great game. 

Outside of the USC game his best tape for '22 would have been against BYU who is by no means a defensive juggernaut. However, you look at the Ohio State tape and he really he was pedestrian against them. Again, he is a very solid player but I agree you with you here Sunset that we may well have seen his peak and what you see is what you are going to get from here out.

What you did see was a lot of production, TD and yardage wise. Cannot discredit that.

And we could use that at TE, still want the RT of course and Hurst back but I have warmed on taking a TE early if we add a RT in FA 
like Eluemunor. We also need to add to the Defense and grab a Corner like our guy DJ Turner early.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Mayer Falls To 26 In Latest PFF Mock! - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-11-2023, 06:56 PM