Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are the Bengals not clearing cap by restructuring deals?
(03-13-2023, 09:26 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’ll start over:
Mahomes first year he sat and Alex Smith started. Burrow got hurt.
Mahomes second year he starts they lose in the wild card. Burrow makes it to the Super Bowl we lose to the Rams
Mahomes 3rd year they lose to the Pats in the SB and Burrow loses to KC in AFC Championship.

My point was to GoCards to match up our timeline. He said “ We would all trade that problem for 5 straight AFC Championships and being 2 time SB Champions and still being a contender.

KC understands you must make moves to stay on top in lieu of just signing your own who have yet to even win a SB. ”

Well he said 5 straight championships ( I think he meant appearances) well matching Mahomes timeline we’ve been to 2 straight and he won a SB year 3 let’s hope we do too. Mahomes didn’t make the SB year 2 of him starting.

Yes meant appearances, at work still and doing quickly. 

As Pistons pointed out that KC is drafting well too. Yet getting an extra 1st, 2nd, and 4th last year from the Tyreek trade with 2 more pick coming this year helps one do that. Plus it freed up cap space to sign Orlando Brown. Also hitting on Pachecho in the 7th really helps as well. 

As you pointed out the Bengals are on the same trajectory albeit will have to dethrone the Chiefs to keep up, they're still far from toothless. But you we all are hoping to do so obviously. Yet we can see what they did after signing Mahomes, they shedded cap space at the WR and RB spot to still be able field a great team around Mahomes knowing those spots are the easiest to replace. It's logical without even knowing they did this imo. 

Bengals can still do this by letting Bates walk and cutting Mixon for a short term solution, will not give them extra picks but money to buy an OL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are the Bengals not clearing cap by restructuring deals? - Go Cards - 03-13-2023, 11:17 PM