Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted.
(03-15-2023, 10:59 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I know it's a different sport and all, but that reminds me of when I was living in Pittsburgh about a decade ago when they hit on Andrew McCutcheon and some other homegrown talent and had their first winning season in 20+ years because they had all these young talent guys on short-term low contracts.  The city was going nuts, but there was also a vibe of "Enjoy this while you can, because this franchise can't afford to put anything but a losing roster on the field."

I have mad respect for Pirates fans, because rooting for a team that is owned by people who flat-out can't afford to pay competent baseball players makes being a Bengals fan look like a cakewalk.

Don't I know it. Not a Pirates fan, but I went to some of those games. A lot of energy in the stadium.

The Pirates just brought back a much older McCutchen this year.

That all said, the Burrow contract will impact this team and we're seeing high. About $40 million delta in cap space is going to Burrow. That's 8 $5 million free agents. Or 3 $13 million ones. It impacts a roster.

And it's why having a QB on a rookie contract is a cheat code.

That said, I don't want to hate on the Bengals. They've done a lot of things right recently. And having a franchise QB is an amazing problem to have.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - THE PISTONS - 03-15-2023, 12:22 PM
Free Agency Three Days in - Joelist - 03-15-2023, 09:57 PM