Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Keeping Tee Will Have Some Consequences
(03-15-2023, 04:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Some aren't going to like the sound of this, but paying huge money to two top recevers, along with a premier franchise QB is just wasteful.  It robs the team of the ability to put a strong "rest of the team" around them.  When you have a true franchise QB like Joe Burrow, he will develop average players into stars.  Just put the spending where it belongs, on an OL and solid defense.

When you get a top WR star, with good chemistry, as Tee has with Burrow, I would try to keep him. I understand that the Chiefs let Hill go. But Mahomes is a very different kind of QB than Burrow and the Chiefs have a superstar in Kelce and signed Smith-Schuster as a FA and have quite a talented WR core. And, quite frankly, I think they have lucked out schedule wise, giving them homefield advantage every single season. 

I would hate to give up such a big advantage over other teams such as the Bengals have with Chase and Higgens. I am sure Boyd will be gone and then the Bengals will be looking at Chase being doubled and the passing game disappearing. And remember, the Bengals don't have a TE like Kelce. The Bengals live with their passing game. When that dries up, the wins will dry up.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keeping Tee Will Have Some Consequences - Nepa - 03-15-2023, 04:42 PM