Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Keeping Tee Will Have Some Consequences
(03-15-2023, 05:03 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This is the thing, we cant afford to always have 4-5 free agents on the oline.

If I knew the meatheads who evaluate the oline in the draft were halfway competent this would be an easier sell.  I don't want to say that we suck at drafting oline, because that is too complimentary of their dreadful efforts the past decade.  We must cease with the terrible misses. and hit on at least 2 solid blockers out of the gate.  (If Volson improves he could be one...?)

I would trade Tee and Boyd if I was for sure getting a unit comparable to the Eagles oline this past season.

I completely understand and agree with that, I guess that I should have elaborated a bit more.  Just because they have missed with so many picks on OL doesn't mean that you stop drafting OL.  Missing on a few picks is bad luck, missing on a bunch, even the highly drafted ones is an indication that you're not getting the talent developed like you should be.  

However, this particular offseason, the OL is still incomplete.  It's going to take adding at least another, possibly two free agents to fill out the starters and have some reliable depth for when the inevitable injuries do happen.  By all means I think the Bengals should also be drafting two OL this year, one early and one mid-rounds or later.  Having a guy like Jackson Carman prove to not be worthless is a huge shot in the arm, but the rest of the depth was putrid and unable to even hold their own, with fresh legs compared to guys that had been playing all year no less.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keeping Tee Will Have Some Consequences - SunsetBengal - 03-15-2023, 05:12 PM