Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted.
(03-15-2023, 06:08 PM)Synric Wrote: To me the Bell signing is nearly balanced by the Pratt signing who I did not expect back and would have been another non-premium position hole to fill. I get the difference is the 2 fresh starting players to one position group. It does help that it looks like every other starter on the defense besides the safeties will be returning. 

Not just 2 fresh starting players to one position group, but Bell played 95% and 99% of the snaps the last 2 years. Pratt has missed a game each of the last 2 years and played 69% and 76% of the snaps in the games he did play. 

You can't really balance losing an every down player with keeping a 2 down player. Not touching on the whole intangibles aspect of Pratt throwing his teammate under the bus vs Bell being a team captain, and the only captain for the back 7 (which is a lesser concern, but still something for consideration).

But yeah, it probably mostly just boils down to me liking at least 1 quality known factor in a position group. Would probably feel less bad if it didn't seem like Dax was constantly making dumb penalties every time he saw the field in his limited snaps. At least we know Wilson is very good so long as his shoulder holds up.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted. - TheLeonardLeap - 03-15-2023, 07:12 PM
Free Agency Three Days in - Joelist - 03-15-2023, 09:57 PM