Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Keeping Tee Will Have Some Consequences
(03-15-2023, 07:39 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I couldn't agree more. In a perfect world I would love to keep Tee. But Burrows protection needs to continue to improve. I think we can find the other guys that we need to compliment Chase thru the draft. Also this free agency has shown that the idea that players chase rings is overstated. But you can find skill players on prove it deals that would like to have Burrow show case there skills. I love Boyd but seeing what his production has become I would've been fine moving on if it meant we could've kept Bell. I'm afraid we don't realize how special of a unit we had on defense and I'm afraid our two veteran safeties were a big part of it. We can replace that but I think it's gonna take a year or two and by then other parts of our defense will be aging out. I think we're trying to think to much about the future when our window is right now.

I absolutely agree on the protection aspect.  Safeties are not priority positons.  Hell, the Rams pulled a guy off the couch at the end of the season and beat us for the 'ship...  I believe great offenses beat great defenses nowadays...

As to the oline, Burrow and Chase are the only 2 players I would take over a very good lineman.

I'd trade Tee, Boyd, and another real good player (or 2) for Tunsil and Seumalo right now.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keeping Tee Will Have Some Consequences - casear2727 - 03-15-2023, 07:52 PM