Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Keeping Tee Will Have Some Consequences
(03-15-2023, 07:03 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: No, this is Tee's final year and Chase has 2 seasons left on his contract with a possible 3rd if the Bengals exercise the 5th year option that is available for 1st round draft picks.  If Tee is not extended this year he is a free agent after the season and we could lose him with nothing to show for it.   That is why people are saying trade him if we cant get an extension so at least you can draft his replacement.  You cant lose Tee and get nothing for him..

As for people saying "use the tag on Tee next year" its not going to happen.  The tag is the average of the top 5 paid WRs.  Do you see the Bengals or any team paying Tee the same kind of money as Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, DeAndre Hopkins, Cooper Kupp or A.J. Brown?   You're going to pay Tee top 5 money?   I think he is a very good WR but he is not top 5 and I dont see anybody paying him like a top 5.  

I’m counting tag years so yes I think a team would pay Higgins top 5 money. Teams are desperate and these contracts for wideouts are still on the rise. 

Higgins shined in the post season and that’s where legacies are made. He’ll be paid. And the Bengals will use the tag before letting him or Chase walk. So that’s 4 years with Chase no matter what as of now too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keeping Tee Will Have Some Consequences - jj22 - 03-15-2023, 09:38 PM