Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1st Post-Orlando Brown Hot Take... Jonah...
(03-16-2023, 05:27 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Interesting. I hadn't thought of that. You're going to have a hard time getting a valuable pick for Jonah. I'm guessing if they do trade him, it will be a player for player swap like they did with Price for Hill. I'd keep him for one more year, kind of on a 'prove it' deal. I'd keep LC, also. Nothing wrong with adding quality depth or a new starter in mid to late season, especially one that knows the playbook.

And moving Jonah to LG is soooo 2021. There were many on here ready to move him inside if they took Sewell. I can't remember but I was probably one of those because I have never felt that he was a quality LT, always very below average. Few on here have called for o-line as a priority longer than me . . . I wanted Jonah to work out so bad, but to be honest, in his limited number of snaps, Jackson Carman has more "Wow!" moments as a Bengal than Jonah Williams. I'm very disappointed in his lack of improvement in both run blocking and pass blocking. Yet another Bengal to show up in Cincinnati and plateaued the moment he put on the striped helmet. I kind of admire his toughness but he's missed a lot of games and I don't think that he's got a lot of games left.

Yeah, I don't know anything. I just think it's unlikely we'll move Jonah around the year before he hits free agency. Beauty's in the eye of the beholder and I figure 25-year-old blindside protectors who've played in the Super Bowl- and FWIW, were arguably the best linemen on their teams- will draw interest. He's a bit pricey but even we didn't have a problem with that as recently as... 24 hours ago, really. 

Or maybe we'll wait until guys start getting hurt and move him then. I don't know. But this idea of chess-piecing linemen is played out to me. It's so much easier said than done. Penei Sewell is a unicorn. We've failed so many times (Carman, Adeniji, Prince, Smith to some extent) that it's equally tempting and inadvisable to try it again. To do so with a man on the verge of getting his bag as a professional left tackle doesn't seem to be in our DNA, either. I expect us to shake hands and part ways as soon as we're able- for his sake as much as ours. 

But like I said, I don't know anything. Just feeling the vibes. Wink
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1st Post-Orlando Brown Hot Take... Jonah... - tms - 03-16-2023, 11:50 AM