Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cody Ford signing with Bengals
(03-16-2023, 06:42 PM)Yogo Wrote: Anyone can explain what the heck this means from his Twitter?

Paul Dehner Jr.
@pauldehnerjr
·
Follow
The #Bengals' shift from zone to gap/gun-run scheme last year showing up in their OL signings.

Shift to bigger, more powerful people movers to run downhill and anchor a firmer pocket for Burrow.
11:00 AM · Mar 16, 2023

Last season early we were in the Wide Zone scheme and it didn't fit our players. Adding big, powerful guys that aren't all that 
athletic means we should be running a power Gap scheme instead. We did play the Gap scheme last season later in the year and
that is when the OL improved significantly. Fits our players and Orlando Brown to a T.

Getting Orlando Brown is a good sign we are going to run a Gap scheme this season which to me brightens my day. Wink

(03-16-2023, 06:43 PM)phil413 Wrote: The backup RT spot, along with a few other positions.  Versatility keeps him on the 53, especially in light of the position changes we've had with Adeniji & Carman and possible one for Jonah. 

Yeah, and from what I am seeing of Ford he better improve leaps and bounds to even compete for a backup RT spot.

I don't even care about versatility with him, he has been pretty terrible in the NFL. Maybe in the Gap scheme we will be running he 
will start to flourish. I don't know what schemes he has been in? So that could of been what held him back, being used incorrectly?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Cody Ford signing with Bengals - pulses - 03-16-2023, 05:47 PM
RE: Cody Ford signing with Bengals - CJD - 03-16-2023, 06:01 PM
RE: Cody Ford signing with Bengals - Yogo - 03-16-2023, 06:42 PM
RE: Cody Ford signing with Bengals - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-16-2023, 06:56 PM