Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cabinets and shelves
Drawers are fairly simple to build, just boxes..Fitting them properly can be a bit of a pain. I typically use full extension slides so if you use them make the drawer box exactly 1" smaller than the openings...Slides are 1/2" thick, one on each side. When you go to screw them in cut a couple scraps of plywood to make spacers and make sure you have two the exact same size. There's no hard, fast rule about the location of the slides, top, middle or bottom of the drawer box, but most people put them at the bottom of the drawer. Make sure that you place the slides exactly, EXACTLY in the same location relative to the drawer box and the front of the shelf wall so when you close the drawer you don't get one side sticking out or unsightly lateral racking. Luckily slides have slotted holes so there is a bit of play to adjust them about 1/8" or so.. With any luck at all the drawer opening is nice and perfectly square to begin with.. Square is important in furniture building.. The real fun is the drawer facings.. That's when you pretty it all up and hope you get it  right. :thumbsup: We just spent a month getting 32 drawers installed straight..Everything that could possibly go wrong went wrong, but it's done and we'll hopefully get paid today or tomorrow. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Cabinets and shelves - grampahol - 02-20-2023, 06:12 AM
RE: Cabinets and shelves - reuben.ahmed - 02-20-2023, 07:22 PM
RE: Cabinets and shelves - grampahol - 02-22-2023, 02:27 PM
RE: Cabinets and shelves - samhain - 03-12-2023, 10:02 PM
RE: Cabinets and shelves - reuben.ahmed - 03-13-2023, 10:29 AM
RE: Cabinets and shelves - grampahol - 03-17-2023, 09:37 AM
RE: Cabinets and shelves - reuben.ahmed - 02-25-2023, 08:36 AM
RE: Cabinets and shelves - grampahol - 03-09-2023, 10:40 AM
RE: Cabinets and shelves - grampahol - 03-17-2023, 09:32 AM