Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Who’s the guy you want in the first.
(03-18-2023, 04:54 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Maybe, I know Chris Jones was taken with the 37 pick so some of those kind of guys do end up being available later.  We all watched how one guy, Jones wrecked us in the AFC Championship game.  I would like someone like that on our Defense.  Mahomes had way too much time in the pocket by comparison.  We cant let that happen again this coming year.  We absolutely need to get more pressure on the QB.  I think defense has to be the priority.

Oh for sure. I'm not saying you're can't get great players, but it's likely going to take them a year or two to work on the flaws of their game (or else they would have been a lot higher). Even Jones took a couple years to really burst onto the scene. First or 2nd year Jones wouldn't have helped us at all last year. 

If a defensive player is BPA available I think we should definitely take them. Unless it's a RB, TE, or RT they're likely going to be a backup this year though. Even RT may be depending on what happens with Williams.

DJ is going into his last year though so may be the time to try to get another stud so they can have a year to develop and learn. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who’s the guy you want in the first. - TheFan - 03-18-2023, 05:21 PM