Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Who’s the guy you want in the first.
(03-18-2023, 09:39 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I kind of wanted to make a thread about my opinion, but I haven’t done enough research. But here it goes. First of all let me say, I would like to grab an OL if one is available and at least top 4 players available. However, Without naming actual players, I think there is a lot of logic of grabbing a WR - again, assuming he’s a top 4 more like top player available.

The Bengals aren’t in rebuild mode anymore. We’re in maintain talent mode. We have to replace top talent with cheap talent via draft or FA pickups who we get on the low and hope they come out playing well above their contract (like the S Scott we just signed). Way too much money is going to go in to Burrow Chase, Higgins, Brown.

I believe, they way the NFL is going, behind QB, WR will be the highest paid position, by far. We may not be there quite yet, but it’s getting there. So from a pure financial decision, why not grab WR talents coming out of college, who are becoming more and more NFL ready every year. Look at the last couple drafts, there’s been so many solid to really good receivers.

This pick could either replace Higgins AFTER his up coming extension, or even replace Boyd. Not as a slot receiver- we can move chase and maybe pick #28 from the X to the Z quite a bit. I would go OL first, but if the talent isn’t there, why not grab another weapon for Burrow. He could either replace a current wr in 2-5 years or could be a trade piece, or even Higgins could be a trade piece in 2 years.

I just think besides QB- the nfl values WR the most. Why not get what every GM wants, another WR?

You don’t have to do research to have an opinion. Everyone has one after all. Especially when talking about who the team should take in the draft.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who’s the guy you want in the first. - SouthernFan - 03-18-2023, 10:02 PM