Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals Are Making Moves- What About The Other 3 Teams?
(03-19-2023, 11:49 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: The Steelers added Philadelphia Eagles Personnel man, Andy Weidl as their Assistant GM and have promptly signed former Eagles and current Jets starting RG Nate Herbig and current Eagles starting RG Issac Seumalo. Both are touted as aggressive and mauling run blockers. Seumalo is also supposed to be an excellent pass blocker as he gave up 1 sack and only took 2 penalties last season.

Curious that they'd sign two starting RGs but speculation is that Herbig could move to LG or Seumalo to C allowing current C, Mason Cole to move to LG. Given Weidl's familiarity with them, there's a reason they added both players and there's probably a solid plan in place. The Eagles are known to have one of the best O lines.

It's clear that they are going all-in on running the ball and taking the pressure off of KP8. They are going to give him every chance to succeed and grow and be sure if he's their guy before they commit to his second contract. They aren't pulling a Giants and repeating the Daniel Jones situation.

Defensively they let Cam Sutton walk and then brought in Patrick Peterson, about 5 years too late. Seriously though, it's a good signing IF they can draft one of their top rated CBs early in the draft. Even though he's older than dirt, he's supposed to be a great teammate, leader, and mentor....and he did have on of his best years last season at age 32. I think they're high on JERRY Porter, Jr out of Penn State and putting him with Peterson would be excellent for his growth and development.

They also resigned Larry O which is a good signing IF he can stay healthy. He didn't miss many games last year but was pretty dinged up late.

They've COMPLETELY revamped the ILB position by cutting Myles Jack (this surprised me because he was pretty good) and letting Robert Spillane and Devin Bush (thank God) leave via FA. They've added Redskins LB Cole Holcomb and Phins LB Elandon Roberts. Two solid guys, both defensive C's last year. People are screaming for Bobby Wagner, but they may add someone in the draft. Are they better at that position? Many argue that they couldn't get any worse.

They also resigned Damontae Kazee at S leaving Terrell Edmunds available in FA. He's getting no love so far, so maybe they bring him back at a team friendly number. IMO that'd be cool. People are lukewarm with him, but I think Minka, Edmunds, and Kazee is a pretty decent group of safties.

Hmm sounds like your defense will be a collection of talent, rather than a cohesive team.  Also hope that Salmonella is everything that you hope he will be for your OL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Are Making Moves- What About The Other 3 Teams? - SunsetBengal - 03-19-2023, 05:39 PM