Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are your free agent targets for the Bengals - Day 3
Right now I'm looking for snap count and locker room contributors with reasonable salaries. I would hope that the Bengals actually keep some cap space open this year for when the trade deadline rolls around during the season. I know that we hear "Next man up" and "we're going with the players who have been here", but we've also seen how that turns out. So my current list of depth needs:
TE: Foster Moreau scares me because he was an atrocious blocker on a team (LVR) that actually had a run game. Instead, I'd consider the 38 yr. old Marcedes Lewis, who still contributes 400 snaps a year as an excellent blocker. I don't think he's a scary receiver, but he caught two TDs in 6 catches last year.
CB: Sean Murphy-Bunting. He's a very good slot corner (we already have Hilton) and a decent outside corner, who has missed time with injuries. Even so, he's played 50+% of the defensive snaps each of his 4 years. He's still out there and may settle for a shorter, prove-it deal.
WR: Olamide Zaccheus. 5-9 Undersized slot. He was the second leading receiver for the Falcons behind Drake London who was targeted 70 times more. Improved every year despite playing with QBs Matt Ryan and Mariota. Can win in multiple ways. Undervalued based on team/QB play.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who are your free agent targets for the Bengals - Day 3 - puddycat - 03-20-2023, 01:17 AM