Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Reagan's October Surprise
(03-21-2023, 05:59 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: There are lessons to be learned (good and bad) from every person who has walked this earth. I have a few things I dislike about Reagan's time in office, but I feel a man of his caliber could save this nation from the nosedive of divisiveness we are experiencing.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

I think there is this fake sense of nostalgia surrounding Reagan and the GOP of that time. This groundwork for this divisiveness was laid out during the Nixon and Reagan years. This is something that has been in the works for a long time and the politicians of that era are just as culpable in this as the current set. Reagan's courtship with the Christian Right, for example, is one of the things that has fueled identity politics in this country more than almost anything else.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Reagan's October Surprise - GMDino - 03-19-2023, 11:51 AM
Reagan's October Surprise - Rotobeast - 03-21-2023, 05:59 AM
RE: Reagan's October Surprise - pally - 03-21-2023, 10:18 AM
RE: Reagan's October Surprise - Dill - 03-24-2023, 01:38 PM
RE: Reagan's October Surprise - Nately120 - 03-24-2023, 02:10 PM
RE: Reagan's October Surprise - Belsnickel - 03-21-2023, 09:46 AM