Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypothetical Cap if we cut or trade players
We have around $20 mil in cap space ATM, assuming Brandin Wilson is gone. With 50 guys signed who were on our 53/figure to be this year. If we sign Apple (vet CB), a vet DE, Allen, and a cheap TE we are probably talking $12 mil vs the cap. Adding Burrow's extension signing bonus back in, it takes ys close to the cap

If we cut Mixon (post June 1) and release Jonah, that would be another $22 mil. Collins, pist June 1, would free up $7 mil.

The issue is, what do we do with that cash? Does that make our team better this year? And does it preserve the ability for us to extend our other core guys (Higgins,,L. Wilson, etc.). I do not see any big money FAs worth spending all that cap space on. That could change, of course, if the Titans cut Byard.

I do not see us cutting Collins with Jonah's future iffy. Nor do I see us trading Jonah while Collins' return is questionable. We cannot risk losing BOTH guys. Neither do I see us cutting Mixon with Perine gone. A Godfather offer for Jonah would change my thinking, but I think it extremely unlikely we get one.

I think we look at re-signing Apple & Allen. A cheap TE/vet DE. Maybe Flowers and Wilcox/Sample. And we are done heading into the draft.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hypothetical Cap if we cut or trade players - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-21-2023, 02:14 PM