Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Transition Tag
(03-21-2023, 04:12 PM)CincyWestside Wrote: When I said "loophole", this is what I meant. Instead of the Texans giving up their 2nd overall pick this year or the Jets giving up their 13th overall pick this year, they'd give up their '24 and '25 picks. If a team believes that Lamar can put them in the playoffs or wildcard hunt, then presumably, those picks would be later in the first round like 18-20 or more if they win in the playoffs. 

So the loophole would be they wouldn't give up higher value picks in the earlier part of the first round this year and instead give up later ones next year by waiting until after the 2023 draft to make the offer.

I understand what you meant and I'm sorry if I'm being picky, I just don't agree it is a loophole.  A bit of strategy sure and honestly if a team were interested in signing Jackson that would be a decent way to go about it. By waiting they would just be taking the risk of another team signing him first.  That's just the way it works and one of the "risks" the Ravens took on when they used the non-exclusive tag.  It isn't some workaround or way to skirt the rules if a team does that.  It is what it is and the Ravens agreed to that part of the deal when they used the tag.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The Transition Tag - CincyWestside - 03-21-2023, 02:58 PM
RE: The Transition Tag - CincyWestside - 03-21-2023, 04:12 PM
RE: The Transition Tag - George Cantstandya - 03-21-2023, 04:33 PM
RE: The Transition Tag - Stewy - 03-21-2023, 05:41 PM