Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Who’s the guy you want in the first.
If not Ringo, there are other interesting DB's that look to be on the board also at pick 29. We lost Bates and how long are we going to be able to keep Coach Lou. Bringing in a young DB now for Lou and his D staff to coach up is a good way to replace the also young but over priced Bates.

Bengals lost a lot of DB's in off season, and they won't replace them all in free agency. Bengals draft so late, almost like a top of round 2 pick. CB or Safety here makes sense. Bengals play 2 LBs and 5 DBs about 80 % of the time per Coach Taylor, so we better have a ton of DB's. The best thing about Bates was he was young, but Bengals can get a young DB with this almost top of round 2 pick for Lou to coach up.

As for TE, Bengals have a couple free agents from other teams they are trying to sign one to replace Hurst. I look for Bengals to resign Wilcox who made nice plays in 2022. Sample could be resigned also. If they sign a free agent TE, I think they are loaded up at TE. I also don't see O Line as a top pick anymore. Bengals DB section took a beating in off season, and a top pick DB is needed, because in todays pass happy NFL, you better have DB's. I like Ringo because he is young and at 6'2" and 210 lbs is Boxer Ali size, so should be able to help the 2 LBs. We need DB's who can help the 2 LBs if we are only going to play 2 LBs. If not Ringo, some other young and close to LB size DB worthy of a top pick to replace Bates in the future. It's nice to have a David Fulcher size DB if you are in pass coverage and they pull a run on you, you have that big DB to get after a guy like Chubb. There look to be good sized young CB's and Safeties on the board around pick 29, for Lou to coach up while we still have Lou.

DB's seem to get injured a lot also. so you have to have bench depth that can go in and play for weeks against the best QBs and pass catchers in the NFL and come up and tackle the top runners, and that takes top athletes. Bengals have had a Super Bowl Defense, but they must now replace DB's lost in free agency to stay a Super Bowl Defense.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who’s the guy you want in the first. - kevin - 03-21-2023, 06:55 PM