Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Nikki Haley announces her run for President
(03-20-2023, 07:24 PM)basballguy Wrote: You asked a question "why doesn't she use her real name"

I gave you an answer (now I don't personally know why she did it, but i'm providing some anecdotal evidence to help you understand what might've been her motivations)

Maybe you're not from the US or you're just ignorant to immigrant practices in the US, I don't know.

Immigrants adopting "american sounding names" in the US is not uncommon.

There's no personal opinion in that answer.

Again, JFC this forum is a joke.

I think they want you to admit she changed her name to something "white sounding" so she could get ahead in the GOP.  Also, she isn't an immigrant.  Also, how bizarre is it that in the USA of all places it is normal to change your name from an "immigrant" name to something American, and by American we mean a name that is linked to immigrants who came here from the whitest parts of Europe.  Ain't no one Americanizing their name to Tecumseh.

I'm a music buff myself, so I always think of the amusingly high number of performers who had to change their names because "no one is going to believe a Jew can play the electric guitar."

Of course, then there is pro wrestling where the opposite was implemented in order to become instantly hated bad guys.  Americans used to pretend to be German (Texas born Jack Barton going by Fritz Von Erich, is the prime example there) or Japanese (if you were from Hawaii) in the post-WWII era, Italian dudes could either be themselves and come off as smarmy jerks or pretend to be Native Americans, and there was always the option to put a white guy who looks a bit ethnic in a tag team with someone who was legitimately Russian or from Japan to get some insta-heat.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nikki Haley announces her run for President - Nately120 - 03-22-2023, 11:40 AM