Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 OL Draft Prospects Group Assessments
I believe that if he is available at #28 that Darnell Wright is the obvious choice for the Bengals and that is even if Dawand Jones is there also. Darnell is a complete RT and I believe he would lock the spot down for many years just like Willie Anderson did. I think Jones fits a team that operates out of a pure power run scheme but he is not a guy that you are going to use for pulling or blocking secondary targets. I would actually pass on Jones if Wright were off the boards.

Outside of the first I believe there are many other linemen that could hold real value for this offense either starting or as much needed depth.

Steve Avila - he could be a consideration in the second round for the interior. You flat will not see this guy outpowered.

Matthew Bergeron - I am surprised there has not been more chatter about this guy as a RT option in the second. He is experienced at both tackle spots and I think he could start day 1.

Joe Tippmann - A good prospect in the 2nd and steal if he slid to the 3rd. May be the most versatile lineman in the draft and would definitely be the heir apparent to Karras. Or if they really felt strongly about him then Karras could go to LG where he has played before and Volson could compete for the RT spot.

Wanya Morris - I would look at Morris in the 4th and certainly in the 5th and I feel he has a high ceiling at RT. He was a 5 start recruit at Tennessee and started as a freshman and showed real promise. A slight regression and the arrival of Darnell Wright pushed him out of the starting spot. He transferred to Oklahoma and seemed to be regaining his promising form. I believe he could be a prospect to start day 1. There would need to be somethings checked out as he had some academic issues and personal issues that brought a 1 or 2 game suspension at the beginning of last season.

Andrew Vorhees - If you could draft him for a redshirt year in the 5th round he would be a steal. Just a solid overall interior lineman and everyone saw his guts and dedication.

Some late round guys I really like are:

Carter Warren - Yeah there are technique things he needs to clean up but there is some awfully good film on this kid. There is a lot to like about him. I wouldn't be shocked if he wouldn't make a team consider him for a day 1 RT starter but I think he has the potential to be a pretty decent NFL LT as well. At worst the guy could make a really valuable swing tackle off the bench.

Chandler Zavala - I have watched film on the North Carolina State line and this kid stood out. I am not sure why he has not garnered more attention than he has but he appears to be really solid and he is certainly an interior guy I would take late in the draft.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2023 OL Draft Prospects Group Assessments - OSUfan - 03-22-2023, 08:49 PM