Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS Sports Has Us Taking Mayer
(03-22-2023, 08:47 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'd be shocked if we took a TE in round 1, regardless of who is on the board.  It just doesn't seem like a Bengals move.

I don't ever advocate drafting by need, but obviously we need to find a TE, RT and a CB in the waning stages of FA or in the draft.  I just have a hard time seeing where he is the best player available if they stay at 28.

(03-22-2023, 08:53 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I agree with you 100%. We do not use the TE enough to warrant a first round selection and I feel that for the way we use the TE that there is not value in a first round selection. 

If Washington is there in the second then fine take a TE because he is a real freak. However, I feel a guy in the 3rd like Tucker Kraft fits what the Bengals do perfectly. 

Just my take on it. I would like to see us sign Foster Moreau and really swing the draft wide open.

4 of the last 5 Tight Ends drafted by the Bengals have been top 100 picks with 2 drafted in the first round. The only Tight End that wasnt a top 100 pick was CJ Uzomah and that was the year they doubled down with Kraft and Uzomah.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
CBS Sports Has Us Taking Mayer - BFritz21 - 03-22-2023, 03:37 PM
RE: CBS Sports Has Us Taking Mayer - Synric - 03-22-2023, 09:42 PM
RE: CBS Sports Has Us Taking Mayer - CJD - 03-23-2023, 10:21 AM