Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 OL Draft Prospects Group Assessments
(03-22-2023, 07:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I look for the team to draft possibly 2 OL in the upcoming draft, as well as sign 2-4 priority UDFAs to the position group.  The team is in a bad spot, as far as having to go into free agency to comprise the bulk of their OL starters.  With a franchise QB about to get paid, as well as attempting to keep not one, but a pair of elite WRs on the team, position groups like OL need to be drafted and developed type of players.

Carman showed enough promise for me to still have hope for him, Volson exceeded my expectations.  The team couldn't have said it louder that Jonah Williams was a failure to launch at LT by going out and buying Brown Jr.  We have two more seasons with Karras and three with Cappa before it will be time to see what the new crop of draft and develop interior OL look like for the Bengals. Even having invested in La'el Collins, RT is still a tremendous question mark heading into this season.  Hopefully between Williams, Ford and Collins they can get it figured out for the next season.  However, I'm still putting my betting money on the Bengals drafting a Tackle in the first 3 rounds, one that they see as being the RT for the next 5-10 years.

Btw, you're doing a great job of keeping us all posted on the position group "as it stands" throughout the offseason process, nice job.  

Thanks, much appreciated. Good post. 

For me, I just don't see a cornerstone OT in this draft beyond the top 4. I'd take Wright if he is there. I think it is developmental dudes beyond that. A deeper OT class would serve us better. Next year, perhaps. Jonah is signed for 1 more year, Collins & Carman for 2, Brown for 4. 

Thus, I see the top 3 picks as some combo of TE (biggest hole, deep class), DE (deep class) and CB (deep class). DT, RB, IOL, or WR would not shock me if there is good value. 3 of those 4 plus a punter (Turk, Korsak, Baringer) would likely round out my draft. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2023 OL Draft Prospects Group Assessments - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-23-2023, 10:14 PM