Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS Sports Has Us Taking Mayer
(03-24-2023, 12:38 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I get it, you love the guy, but to say he's head and shoulder above the others just simply isn't true.  The top 4-5 guys are pretty close.

And you can get one of those in round 2.  With as much as we use a tight end, it makes sense to address it later on.

I get it, you constantly disagree with every post I make and try to make personal attacks because that's your only counter to any of my arguments for drafting Mayer, just like every other post of mine you comment on.

He's definitely head-and-shoulders above the other guys, with the exceptions of maybe Kincaid and some could argue for Washington, but sites like DraftKings rank Mayer in a tier all by himself.

ProFootballNetwork also has Mayer all by himself but also lists him as a beast:

Quote:The top of the tight end class remains the same as Michael Mayer is a do-it-all monster.

Also, we've never had a tight end of Mayer's caliber, so how can you say we wouldn't use him enough?

Furthermore, Hurst and CJ both got big deals after playing with Burrow here, so you think teams are signing them to big deals when we didn't use them at all? Burrow would find a way to get Mayer the ball and Zac would draw up more plays to get him the ball or be the #2 option behind Chase or even the #1 option at times. 

What player are you suggesting would be head-and-shoulders above a player that we could get after the first round?

(Ironically, as I'm typing this, they're signing Mayer's praises on the TV in the next room.)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
CBS Sports Has Us Taking Mayer - BFritz21 - 03-22-2023, 03:37 PM
RE: CBS Sports Has Us Taking Mayer - BFritz21 - 03-24-2023, 03:25 PM
RE: CBS Sports Has Us Taking Mayer - CJD - 03-23-2023, 10:21 AM