Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 OL Draft Prospects Group Assessments
(03-24-2023, 03:20 PM)Whatever Wrote: I don't see the Bengals adding potentially 6 OL to the 15 they already have.  Going into TC with 20+ OL doesn't seem feasible.  

Signing depth guys like Ford and Scharping also seems to indicate that they aren't planning on drafting depth there.  Obviously, it depends on how their board falls, but looking at how FA has fallen, it looks like it would have to be a value pick.

Brown was not a planned signing.  Per Pollack, at the last minute, Duke told him, "Hey, take a look at this guy.". Pollack said adding a big ticket T wasn't even on his radar.  My guess is that they pounced because the FA T market is extremely soft and they had cap to burn after losing Bell.

Looking at the current roster, those draft picks start getting spoken for rather quickly when we need a TE1, plus a TE2 or 3, a S to compete with/supplant Scott, RB2, depth at outside CB, plus wiggle room for value drops.  

What is feasible is giving a few of the deadbeats their walking papers, once suitable upgrades are found.  I could absolutely see the Bengals bringing in another 4-6 OL to compete, it's how you decide who's good and who's not.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2023 OL Draft Prospects Group Assessments - SunsetBengal - 03-24-2023, 03:35 PM