Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we draft a TE, who do you want and when?
(03-23-2023, 03:16 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's not normally a premium position but I think any of the top three tight ends could be considered a premium pick because of the talent and depth.

They're not your normal tight ends and could help bring our offense to another level by giving a big target in the middle of the field or up the seams to make the defenses defend even more ground. That's especially damaging for a defense when they have to double Chase and not to mention Higgins and Boyd.

Everyone knows that I've been crazy about Mayer but was actually going to make a draft today with us taking Washington but I doubt he falls to us.

I'd take Mayer just because I think he could be a staple for Burrow and this offense for the next 15+ years.

Washington would be #2 but we obviously also need a free agent and at least one later draft pick.

I wouldn't be devastated if we take Mayer because I do think he'd legitimately upgrade our offense and I think he'd help in a lot of facets of the game. I feel the same way about Jahmyr Gibbs or Bijan Robinson. They're all very talented players and would make our team noticeably better in 2023 and beyond. If we do draft him, I hope you're right that he's an elite prospect that turns into a top 10 TE in the NFL. 

In fact, with how this tight end market has ended up, I think it's likely we take one of the 4 if they are there at 28. So I should probably get used to the idea now Big Grin
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If we draft a TE, who do you want and when? - CJD - 03-24-2023, 03:36 PM