Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If we draft a TE, who do you want and when?
(03-24-2023, 03:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't see that happening, if he's there at #28 and the Bengals want to give Joe Burrow the ultimate security blanket, you take him then or trade back a few spots for an additional pick.  Personally, I feel that once Washington is the featured TE in an offense, he's going to win every contested catch thrown his way, particularly down the sidelines or in the endzone for the next 10-12 years.  Oh, have you heard about his contributions in the blocking aspect of the game?

Getting me excited about Darnell Washington there Sunset. He would help immediately as a blocker for damn sure and that is what
we need around here more than anything. Darnell becomes the featured TE if we draft him, if he becomes the next great contested 
catch TE that is just gravy honestly and with his size, hands, athleticism it isn't out of the question.

Warming up to this guy for sure.

Even if I want a RT early, we might already think Carman will beat out whoever we draft, who knows?

(03-24-2023, 03:36 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I wouldn't be devastated if we take Mayer because I do think he'd legitimately upgrade our offense and I think he'd help in a lot of facets of the game. I feel the same way about Jahmyr Gibbs or Bijan Robinson. They're all very talented players and would make our team noticeably better in 2023 and beyond. If we do draft him, I hope you're right that he's an elite prospect that turns into a top 10 TE in the NFL. 

In fact, with how this tight end market has ended up, I think it's likely we take one of the 4 if they are there at 28. So I should probably get used to the idea now Big Grin

Yeah, Mayer WILL contribute as a rookie for us if we Draft him barring injuries. He will be an upgrade over what we have by far.

Bijan or Gibbs would also be upgrades over anyone we have in the RB room, especially Bijan who is a good pass blocker to boot.

The Bengals have also talked to all the top TE's and RB's more than any other positions.

Have to prepare ourselves for one of them early in this draft and hope RT gets taken care of by Carman or someone else.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If we draft a TE, who do you want and when? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-24-2023, 03:48 PM