Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
We made a run after Cooper Rush
(03-25-2023, 03:12 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Glad they're seeking a back up QB upgrade, it is a big need imo.

Yet think Rush would cost way more than the Bengals could afford, as would Bridgewater the one who I would like to see backing up Burrow.

Still this makes me happy the Bengals are searching.

He only got 2.5M/yr for 2 yrs with 2.75M guaranteed.  I'm glad they're looking as well instead of just paying Allen the minimum, giving the fans the perception that we're screwed with any backup so why try.  

After Wentz, options are drying up but some at least look better than Allen.  Flacco is on his last legs and Ryan looked pretty washed but I'd be fine with either.  Not sure if Mason Rudolph is a fit but he still has sole potential as a backup, Chase Daniel is more of a player coach and would have more to offer Burrow. Trevor Siemian is about the same level as Allen and I wouldn't go much farther with Allen having time in the system being worth at least something.  Worst case, they sign Allen again and if a better option comes down at roster cuts that could happen. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We made a run after Cooper Rush - phil413 - 03-25-2023, 03:35 PM
RE: We made a run after Cooper Rush - M.W. - 03-25-2023, 03:14 PM