Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS Sports Has Us Taking Mayer
(03-24-2023, 08:40 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Man, come on.  The only issue that I can remotely think of disagreeing with you on is this one.  And personal attacks?  I can't think of one.

We have had TEs of his caliber before - in fact one that was head and shoulders better in Eifert.  He is very similar to Gresham.

Hurst and CJ got deals in the $7 million range.  Those are "big" deals.  

You can find guys that will say that Mayer is in a group of his own just like I can find sites that will say that the top guys all carry a similar grade.  For our offense I want the best receiver - and Mayer isn't that better or that much better than LaPorta or Kincaid.

There have been a few where you made personal attacks because you had no argument, kind of similar to this one.

Eifert and Gresham were both strictly receiving tight ends and not tight ends in the true sense. They weren't the type that could get physical with linebackers or safeties and body up to them. Gresham was also just more of a vertical threat and wasn't too physical. Eifert was more of just a big receiver and wasn't physical at all.

When you factor in everything, Mayer is a lot better than those two, or anyone else on the board.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
CBS Sports Has Us Taking Mayer - BFritz21 - 03-22-2023, 03:37 PM
RE: CBS Sports Has Us Taking Mayer - BFritz21 - 03-26-2023, 02:26 PM
RE: CBS Sports Has Us Taking Mayer - CJD - 03-23-2023, 10:21 AM