Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS Sports Has Us Taking Mayer
(03-26-2023, 02:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: There have been a few where you made personal attacks because you had no argument, kind of similar to this one.

Eifert and Gresham were both strictly receiving tight ends and not tight ends in the true sense. They weren't the type that could get physical with linebackers or safeties and body up to them. Gresham was also just more of a vertical threat and wasn't too physical. Eifert was more of just a big receiver and wasn't physical at all.

When you factor in everything, Mayer is a lot better than those two, or anyone else on the board.

No argument?  I have an opinion, just like you.  It's not like there is anything to back up your argument that you feel that Mayer is such a can't miss prospect and an elite talent.  None of these guys are.  If they were, they would be Top 10 picks.

And there's nothing personal about my argument.  I guess if you could tell what is personal about what I said in that post, I'll make sure I don't have any more personal attacks.

That being said, it's not like Mayer is the best blocker in in this class.  He may be the most well rounded, but his athleticism is a tad worrisome.  I would just rather have a guy that has some sort of high level skill rather than just a guy who is "well rounded."  

The Bengals have traditionally used 2 tight ends - one for blocking and one for receiving.  I don't think Mayer would change that, nor would Washington or Kindcaid.  All of these top guys are late round 1 to round 2 guys.  Which makes me lean towards taking one in the second round.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
CBS Sports Has Us Taking Mayer - BFritz21 - 03-22-2023, 03:37 PM
RE: CBS Sports Has Us Taking Mayer - Hammerstripes - 03-26-2023, 06:25 PM
RE: CBS Sports Has Us Taking Mayer - CJD - 03-23-2023, 10:21 AM