Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're not winning anything without Dalton.
(12-21-2015, 12:40 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: I don't think it's a much about how McCarron looked than it is about how much the offense changes with him in there. McCarron did OK today in the role they  gave him, but let's face it, the offense they rolled out there today is nowhere near the offense we see with Dalton at the helm. A Dalton led bengals team would have won by 30+ today, no doubt in my mind. 

And I know we can't expect it to be the same in game one. But does anyone really expect it to be that much  different if  he does in fact have to play in the playoffs? Will it get a little better between now and then?  Sure, more than likely. But will he lead this team the way Dalton was this season? Highly unlikely.  

Granted, the Bengals may not win anything with Dalton but I tend to agree with the OP, without Dalton,  this teams super bowl aspirations are nearly 100% shot. 

I agree that the Bengals did look different today, but the thing is.... that's not McCarrons fault. That's on the coaches. They decided to do some pretty questionable calling today because it looked like they trusted their quarterback just as much as some people on this forum do. Not a lot.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We're not winning anything without Dalton. - Matt_Crimson - 12-21-2015, 12:45 AM