Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor moves to the big kids table at owners meeting
I was initially excited when we got Zac because it was finally something different than the same Marvin Lewis show we watched for so long. The excitement definitely came to a screeching halt with the Jim Turner hire and then the embarrassing DC search. 

That entire 2019 offseason and season was just a dumpster fire. We were lucky to land Burrow the FO woke up and let Zac start crafting a roster for himself instead of using Marvin's guys. 

I'll admit that I was ready to boot him after 2020 and left to wonder how long the team would give him in 2021 before finally pulling the plug. 

However, he has grown a lot and one of my favorite things is that he's willing to admit his mistakes. Talking about taking the ball out of Joe's hands against SF was big. He grew and realized that he has a QB that he can trust to run the offense. Yes, there was the first Baltimore game last season with the bizarre play calling, but it was another learning moment. 

I have become a fan of Zac and believe that he's the right guy to lead the team.

Also, it's great to see a coaching rivalry where it feels like the coaches genuinely don't care for each other. I believe Zac vs. Harbaugh is the closest thing we have to Wyche vs. Glanville.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor moves to the big kids table at owners meeting - Bengal Dude - 03-28-2023, 01:48 AM