Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
San Fran's reparations propsal
(03-24-2023, 05:23 PM)basballguy Wrote: I'm not sure i agree there either.  The only time I ever hear about transgender bathroom stuff is when it gets posted here.  I don't read about it on CNN or Fox....I don't see it talked about on TV, I don't see the politicians I follow ever mention it.  

Now I do see (more frequently these days) issues about transgender impacts with children (the dumb stuff like school performances/shows)...but again, nothing about bathrooms.  

In my opinion, it's a relatively minor item for the GOP platform as a whole.  Not the center...not a main part....like if you were to take a politicians time and divide up their campaign by the issues they support, I bet it's something like 1% of their time (or less) is spent caring about transgender bathrooms.  

Late getting back to this, but here goes:

As to the bolded, Trump devoted more time to bathrooms during his CPAC speech than he did the wall. If he is elected, the "center" of his program will be revenge. Haley also has a stance on "woke issues," specifically trans people in sports and the like. https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2022/08/nikki-haley-provides-peek-just-transphobic-gops-presidential-primary-will/

Pence is putting trans policy front and center of his Iowa ad campaign. 
https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-politics-and-policy/pence-group-run-ads-iowa-school-trans-policies-rcna69955

Check this interactive map tracking 434 anti-LGBQT rights in state legislatures. Only 6 states have no bills involving such issues at the moment. 14 have ten or more (Texas has 40+).  I haven't counted all, but at least 14 states have bills focusing on Trans rights. https://www.aclu.org/legislative-attacks-on-lgbtq-rights.  If 1% of Republicans' time is spent on bathroom issues, then what is the 99% remainder of legislation they have proposed? Generic ant-LGBQT legislation?  So far as I can tell, the only thing surpassing the Trans frenzy in the last year has been voter integrity laws, which make voting harder and give more control over outcomes to Republican state legislatures. 

The Republican party is fractured right now, as perhaps a third realize that Trump is a dead end, but the majority, who still want him or at least Trumpism, no longer behave like a party that wants to govern.  They are much given to addressing symbolic enemies--the Biden Crime Family, China, Soros, "racist" prosecutors, trans men in women's bathrooms/sports--with symbolic measures that aren't thought-through, but can be easily announced and discussed on talk shows to bump up polls. 

And they are circling the wagons around Trump, even considering legislation to erase his impeachment, like a regime party. With them in Congress, it's kind of like having Russia and China on the UN security council. The institution cannot work democratically, as designed, but rather anti-democratically to protect autocracy.

This will be easier to sort out once the debates start, for sure. If the GOP has them. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
San Fran's reparations propsal - Millhouse - 03-24-2023, 12:34 PM
RE: San Fran's reparations propsal - Stewy - 03-24-2023, 12:53 PM
RE: San Fran's reparations propsal - Dill - 03-24-2023, 01:25 PM
San Fran's reparations propsal - bjf123 - 03-24-2023, 01:38 PM
RE: San Fran's reparations propsal - Dill - 03-24-2023, 04:28 PM
RE: San Fran's reparations propsal - Dill - 03-24-2023, 05:06 PM
RE: San Fran's reparations propsal - Dill - 03-28-2023, 03:46 PM
RE: San Fran's reparations propsal - Dill - 03-30-2023, 11:10 PM
RE: San Fran's reparations propsal - Dill - 03-30-2023, 11:18 PM