Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
San Fran's reparations propsal
(03-28-2023, 03:46 PM)Dill Wrote: Late getting back to this, but here goes:

Remember, the comments on this board last week on several threads were: (paraphrasing)  "GOP is focused on trans bathroom rules"....which triggered my comments.  I'm gonna skip over anything Trump related as discussing Trump talking points on this forum will get me nowhere.  

(03-28-2023, 03:46 PM)Dill Wrote: Pence is putting trans policy front and center of his Iowa ad campaign. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-politics-and-policy/pence-group-run-ads-iowa-school-trans-policies-rcna69955

This has nothing to do with bathrooms and everything to do with giving a child an opportunity to "socially change gender identities" without the parents permission

So first of all, if a child is questioning their gender identity (which some may I guess), it's not up to the school to facilitate that discussion or transition.  They are supposed to be educators, not parents.  I don't see anything wrong with Pence's political group combatting this.  Do you?  

Separately, i don't think any human being should even begin having a discussion about transitioning until they at least reach their teens.  Any child asking these questions either has mental illness or shitty parents.  I'm thinking elementary school age here...not raging hormone teens.  

(03-28-2023, 03:46 PM)Dill Wrote: Check this interactive map tracking 434 anti-LGBQT rights in state legislatures. Only 6 states have no bills involving such issues at the moment. 14 have ten or more (Texas has 40+).  I haven't counted all, but at least 14 states have bills focusing on Trans rights. https://www.aclu.org/legislative-attacks-on-lgbtq-rights.  If 1% of Republicans' time is spent on bathroom issues, then what is the 99% remainder of legislation they have proposed? Generic ant-LGBQT legislation?  So far as I can tell, the only thing surpassing the Trans frenzy in the last year has been voter integrity laws, which make voting harder and give more control over outcomes to Republican state legislatures. 

While it's the ACLU's job to ensure equality across the spectrum, some of the shit on this site is a bit ridiculous.  I'll add some of these bills are stupid too.  Now using Texas as an example (since you called it out):
  • HB 2659 - School districts cannot discriminate against any employee that doesn't want to take the CDC's LGBTQ Inclusivity survey.
    - So preventing punishment of taking a survey is Anti LGBTQ?  Lol, no. 
  • SB 1443 - This one has a lot in it, however, if being pro LGBTQ means being pro beastality and pedophilia or being pro watching nude dancers at school then I guess i'm anti LGBTQ as well.  
    - Now I THINK this bill is listed simply because of a few bullets that say more or less "no books about same gender sex or transgender sex"  Ok fine, this bill can be anti LGBTQ but I question why the ACLU thinks its a good idea to support the opposition on this bill given its entire contents.
  • HB 5235 - hey it's a trans bathroom bill for schools!
    - This bill says what most of the others say, "kids should use their biological bathroom, but if the school district wants to make an exception and create a trans bathroom, they can knock themselves out and do it"  - Why is this anti LGBTQ?  
  • HB 5127 - This is literally an anti discrimination bill for colleges and universities.  (as far as i can tell)
    - So i guess it's Anti LGBTQ because there's no mention of LGBTQ in it?  
  • HB 3902 - This bill simply defines the words boy, girl, mother, father, etc.  
    - Words are assault these days.  Another reach by the ACLU.
  • HB 1752 - This bill says anyone performing gender transition surgeries on a minor is to be liable for financial damages (they can be sued)
    - Why the hell is the ACLU supporting life altering surgeries for minors?  
The ACLU is blinded and lost it's purpose.  

I could go on and on if i had the time to read these bills.  

(03-28-2023, 03:46 PM)Dill Wrote: This will be easier to sort out once the debates start, for sure. If the GOP has them. 

There will be debates over all these inclusion pushes but again, it's not gonna center around bathrooms.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
San Fran's reparations propsal - Millhouse - 03-24-2023, 12:34 PM
RE: San Fran's reparations propsal - Stewy - 03-24-2023, 12:53 PM
RE: San Fran's reparations propsal - Dill - 03-24-2023, 01:25 PM
San Fran's reparations propsal - bjf123 - 03-24-2023, 01:38 PM
RE: San Fran's reparations propsal - Dill - 03-24-2023, 04:28 PM
RE: San Fran's reparations propsal - Dill - 03-24-2023, 05:06 PM
RE: San Fran's reparations propsal - Dill - 03-28-2023, 03:46 PM
RE: San Fran's reparations propsal - basballguy - 03-28-2023, 05:12 PM
RE: San Fran's reparations propsal - Dill - 03-30-2023, 11:10 PM