Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're not winning anything without Dalton.
(12-21-2015, 01:25 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Almost 100% of the people here said we should run the ball to protect MCCarron.  So don't expect anyone to listen to you.

But what exactly would you have changed.  McCarron threw the ball down the field very effectively.  Did you really want him to throw iot 40 or 50 times?
Not at all. Like I said in an earlier post, he did OK with what he was given. But would you not agree that the offense is much more wide open and diverse with AD at QB? The scheme worked well enough today because the niners are really bad. But wouldn't we be kidding ourselves to think the brand of offensive football we saw today will be good enough to win come playoff time? 

The coming weeks will give us a better indicator of how much they really trust MCCarron to run this offense the way it  is designed to be run.  My guess is that they will continue to give him more and more, but even then I seriously doubt he gives us an equal chance of winning in the playoffs, much less a better one. 

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We're not winning anything without Dalton. - The Real Deal - 12-21-2015, 01:40 AM