Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What is your earliest Bengals memory?
Watching Bengals games with my father and uncles, and Bob Trumpy coming to my Pee Wee football banquet in 71 as a guest speaker. Don't recall much about the Bengals then and actually more about the family bonding. 75 is when I start recalling about players and such

First game attended was in 1981 against the 49ers who Bengals later that season met again in the SB. You could buy tickets in the top 6 rows of the stadium for a big discount and we sat in the 2nd to the last row. The wind was howling on this cold day and the beer vendors would only make it half way up before selling out forcing us to take turns running up and down the steps to buy beer.

Kenny Anderson was hurt so the 49ers won easily this day. Jack "the Throwin' Samoan" Thompson was at the helm guiding the Bengals much to the fans disapproval and chants echoed thru Riverfront for Turk Schonert to replace him.

Later that year we had a big SB party, although we deemed it the Striper Bowl in honor of their new helmets. Had a pony keg of Little kings shipped to Louisville to have a Cincinnati theme even. Good times and my Bengals fan roots run deep.

Much different from the front row seats directly behind the Bengals bench I had for 30 years as a season ticket holder from 1991- 2020.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is your earliest Bengals memory? - Go Cards - 03-29-2023, 11:18 AM