Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What excited prompt have you posted with ChatGPT?
(03-29-2023, 11:28 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Sounds like tech leaders are calling for a pause because AI is moving too fast.

The call for a pause is coming from Future of Life, which is an organization that appears to be concerned with the ethics of technological advancement. They don't want to prevent it, but want to make sure that it benefits all life on Earth. 

I don't think we are at this stage yet, but there will be major ethical conversations that need to be had over the coming years. AGI, once discovered, will be the next major step in societal advancement. Much like cars and the industrialization of farming were, and computers in the office etc. Once AGI is discovered, it is a matter of time before it is able to automate all occupations in society. That timescale could be very long, and likely will be, but society will be significantly altered. It will be a worker capable of working around the clock, every day, without the need for sleep or eating. It will have no emotions and no aspirations to make more money or advance in their career. It will be more intelligent than any human could ever dream of being and will be able to multi-task with incredible efficiency. 

I don't agree with pausing development, but I do think that once it is discovered we will need to make sure it is rolled out with careful planning and thought. This is probably where the conversation for Universal Basic Income will start really taking off. Develop it as fast as possible, achieve the scientific breakthrough and then slowly plan on how to use it in modern society. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What excited prompt have you posted with ChatGPT? - KillerGoose - 03-29-2023, 11:57 AM