Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Board Fantasy Baseball (The Show)
(03-28-2023, 07:06 PM)kevin Wrote: You took Trout and Romano, who I hoped to get.  Without Trout for OF,  then I went back to my draft good young pitchers and try to get hitters around round 9 and on.  That was working OK, until people jumped up and took the Cleveland Double Play Combo I wanted.  It most drafts, I could get the Cleveland second baseman and shortstop, but not this draft.  I also could not get either first baseman Walker at 10 or 11, or Cron.   

So I did get young pitchers I wanted.  I got relievers for a change, I have never drafted relievers, but that has cost me points, so this year I wanted Clase of Cleveland and I got Bieber also and others.  I like my pitching.  My hitting is another story.  I did get players I wanted round 10 on in Salvador Perez, Yelich, Garcia, Suarez, T.Hernandez, Happ, so I did get some hitters I had ear marked for round 10 and on after I got young pitchers.  

I already have an opening day move to make with 2 players already on IL.  So one open spot has to be a First Base to replace injured Votto who I took late in draft.  There are a couple I have my eyes on Wednesday morning as my 1st choice and a back-up choice if someone grabs him.  Once the season starts, I will be looking for hot bats each month.  I'm going to have to platoon hot bats, and I knew this going all in on pitching early.  Trout would have helped replace Judge who I had last year in my OF,  but I was hoping he would slide to me in 3 as a steal.  I'm still glad I got Cleveland's Bieber and Clase.  

I rate my Pitching Solid but my hitting not so good, so I will be looking for this years Hot Bats that went undrafted over the season. I'm stealing from 1960's Dodgers and Mets who won with so so hitters, but good pitching, as did 1940 Reds.

Everybody said they enjoyed the Draft and The New League.   12 Bengals Fans should make a great Baseball League. 

Not all of these managers are Bengals fans. We have mostly Bengals but there are some Browns, Steelers, and Chiefs fans sprinkled in as well. Most are Reds fans but not everyone. Hall is from Missouri, so he's a Cardinals fan. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Board Fantasy Baseball (The Show) - coachmcneil71 - 03-29-2023, 02:13 PM