Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What is your earliest Bengals memory?
(03-29-2023, 05:09 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: The year was 1978 and I had no responsibilities.  I just hung out, ate what was provided and chilled out.  Little did I know those easy times would come to an end.  One day I was sleeping soundly in my warm comfortable bath and suddenly I felt something pushing me away.   Not long after lots of bright lights and for the first time I could hear clearly.  What I heard was,  "Congratulations it's a boy and he's going to be a Bengals fan."    :)
Post of the year!

My first memories are of hearing that Cincinnati was getting a pro football team and wondering how that would affect my beloved Browns.  Please don't judge me, I grew up in the late 50's and 60's watching Cleveland games.  I actually maintained my Browns fandom for that first year.  But Cook to Trumpy, Paul Robinson ("The Cactus Comet"), and of course my man Speedy won me over.  I used to ride my Honda up Rt. 22 and watch the Bengals training camp at Wilmington College.  Another great memory was attending the first football game at Riverfront with my dad.  Jess Phillips took a draw play (which of course Paul Brown invented) 80 yards and the Bengals upset the Raiders.

Great thread.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is your earliest Bengals memory? - Speedy Thomas - 03-30-2023, 10:39 AM