Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're not winning anything without Dalton.
(12-21-2015, 01:53 AM)bfine32 Wrote: There is no "love feast" for McCarron on these boards. Actually he gets more hate than he deserves and I have no idea why.

I think that's stretching it a bit. Some are hard on McCarron, but there are more than a few with a love fest going on.

(12-21-2015, 07:09 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: This is the same rhetoric we heard with Dalton for a long time.

"Defense won this game..."

Well, I didn't see a single defensive TD, so I don't know where those 24 points came from, if not from the offense. 

Sure the defense got the TOs, but the offense still needed to get the scores, and they did that.  If you think about it, the TD pass by McCarron and the FG were the deciding points in the game.

4 turnovers
14 points off those turnovers
4 sacks
2/14 third down conversions for 49ers

Add in a blocked field goal, and another 7 points after the shanked punt from special teams...

First time since 2013 the Bengals won a game despite having less than 250 yards of offense.

It's a little different than the Dalton dismissals. AJM did a fine job yesterday, but the offense needed that superlative performance from the defense to bring home that win.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We're not winning anything without Dalton. - gobobro - 12-21-2015, 09:31 AM