Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.33 Average
Players Are Coming To Bengals Because Of Joe Burrow
(03-31-2023, 03:42 PM)Synric Wrote: I've heard a few players this off-season casually throw out the Bengals as potential landing places because they are winning.

Yep, Taylor Lewan, Patrick Peterson, Zeke Elliott etc.

(03-31-2023, 04:07 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Money drives players in this league where the window to get paid is small for most and could shut on any play they get a major injury on. Like every person, doing what's best for their family steers most career decisions.

If it comes down to picking between several teams for same price though ? Then the Bengals being a SB contender definitely could sway decisions and Burrow is a big part of the Bengals being a SB contender.

Think Burrow will get an aging vet that is financially set already to come here to chase a ring eventually, probably a WR or TE.

Although that has yet to happen, but think that sort of player will be a camp cut and last minute addition.

It's not surprising that Zeke through out winning teams he wanted to go to per he has already been paid and career is coming to a close

Spot on. It didn't happen this FA, but in the future I could definitely see some aging vets chasing rings want to come here over other
teams because our window will be open as long as Burrow plays for the Bengals. This is real even if Pistons and Stewy make good 
points about some of our guys leaving. Once Burrow is paid up, what the OP said could happen.

Right now we are stashing dough for Burrow, Chase and Wilson. Sure seems like we are going to try and extend Tee too even though
I know others will want to put that money in the trenches which I understand.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Players Are Coming To Bengals Because Of Joe Burrow - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-31-2023, 05:51 PM