Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Easy Way To Protect Our Schools And Kids
(03-31-2023, 10:58 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: What are your thoughts about banning religion. If we stop teaching people that there is another life after death. Will people stop being so careless with the life they have? Start looking at life like it's extremely precious and not so willing to just throw away someone else's or there own precious life. 

Not saying I support this. But I've heard the argument your making ( even if it may or not be sarcastic ) before and I think it's a little ridiculous. If we think telling everyone they are special and unique and that taking the initiative and trying is worth acknowledgement regardless of win or loss is harmful. Then surely religion should be on par with that. 

Personally, I'm not a fan of general "bans" of much, particularly a key tenant of which our country was based upon.  I think that what you say has some merit, but the emphasis should be on parents taking the job of teaching their children right from wrong, the value of human life, and teaching them to make sound choices with a full understanding of the benefit or consequences of their actions.

In my mind the reaction of "we gotta ban the guns" is about as knee-jerk lazy logic as someone else claiming "y'all need to get back to Jesus".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Easy Way To Protect Our Schools And Kids - SunsetBengal - 04-01-2023, 08:26 AM