Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Easy Way To Protect Our Schools And Kids
(04-01-2023, 08:26 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Personally, I'm not a fan of general "bans" of much, particularly a key tenant of which our country was based upon.  I think that what you say has some merit, but the emphasis should be on parents taking the job of teaching their children right from wrong, the value of human life, and teaching them to make sound choices with a full understanding of the benefit or consequences of their actions.

In my mind the reaction of "we gotta ban the guns" is about as knee-jerk lazy logic as someone else claiming "y'all need to get back to Jesus".

I dont think enough parents know right from wrong or just don't care.  As a society we are too focused on fighting and domestic enemies and my side your side and guns/shooting being a statement and ultimate solution. 

Guns aren't getting banned and violent rhetoric isn't getting toned down.  We are addicted to outrage and victimhood and being under attack and fetishizing "fighting back."

There is big money is feeding that addiction.  I can't say  I don't look for my daily fix. 

Anyways, we don't need to let our allies fall to dictators to raise the money, just take tax rates back to the golden era of the 50s and we'd have enough to defend our kids.  Who would complain about a tax hike from the era when America was great to keep kids from getting shot?

Take the tax rates on the top 0.1% back up 11% or so compared to where they are now and get it done. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Easy Way To Protect Our Schools And Kids - Nately120 - 04-01-2023, 09:13 AM