Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.33 Average
Players Are Coming To Bengals Because Of Joe Burrow
(03-31-2023, 02:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think that people think this, but really...outside of Orlando Brown (who we offered the most money to), there's no evidence of this.

What I read on Brown is that the league viewed him as a RT, but the Bengals were willing to play him at LT. And he wants to play LT. So we offered him the most  money.

Supposedly, we inquired about Brown, and were out. Then when the market didn't form. We came back in.

(03-31-2023, 03:30 PM)Whacked Wrote: Ouch if true

- I don't believe this to be true at all. Reports came out after the signing that several teams with enough cap space inquired about Brown... none of which were the Bengals. Brown's camp reached out the THEM first because he wanted to come to Cincy. He also took less than what the Bears would/could have given him. He didn't even entertain other offers. Brown's camp offered the Bengals a steal because he told them to get it done and that is where he wanted to be. I don't believe the Bengals even negotiated much. Brown's agents bascially said, "how about this" and the Bengals jumped at it.

^ This has been reported multiple places. Locked on Bengals covered this quite well.

- Irv Smith also had multiple offers and choose the Bengals for less money. This makes since if you look at how mjch coin playing with Burrow made Uzomah & Hurst. But he specifically stated Burrow and winning in his interviews sknce signing.

I believe the Joe Burrow culture shift will be happening in Cincy for several years as long as they win. High potential guys or higher valued players may look at the club for a bit less money as a strong option either because they want legacy and a family feel, or as a launching pad to jump start their career again.

Bottom line is this: Cincy no longer has to pay a PREMIUM to get strong players in the builiding and some are taking a bit less to do so. This is apparent. -10% discoint is better than a +20% permium!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Players Are Coming To Bengals Because Of Joe Burrow - PDub80 - 04-01-2023, 03:44 PM