Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Easy Way To Protect Our Schools And Kids
(04-01-2023, 06:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You've gotta include the relevant parts in your post, especially when it looks like none of these had an armed guarded, much-less multiple armed guards outside.

However, let's take a look:
He was dropped off by an Uber driver carrying a rifle case and backpack.

Soldiers outside would have engaged or killed him before he got inside.

[*]
Soldiers outside would have stopped him since he was carrying a 12 gage.

[*]
He crashed his car through a barricade and then scaled a fence.

You don't think the soldiers outside would have seen that and gone to stop him?

Your examples show how armed soldiers would be beneficial to schools and stopped these mass shootings.
[*]

Yes, those are different ways that someone determined to commit a school shooting can access the school. Stoneman-Douglas, the first link, had a deputy sheriff on campus, who was armed. He did not engage the shooter and actually hid in a closet. Link.

Santa-Fe had two, full time (armed) police officers in the school on a daily basis and they actually engaged with the shooter. The school shooter shot one of them and he was admitted to the hospital in critical condition. He did survive, though. 

Uvalde had six police officers assigned to their school district. When the accident occurred, 911 calls were made regarding the accident and one of the officers arrived at the scene but pursued a teacher, believing that he was the gunman. In doing so, he actually passed by the shooter. 

I am not sure what you want, Brad. I believe you are arguing with the intention of finding a solution but that you're more concerned with being right or not looking stupid to have a good faith conversation. You initially wanted 9-10 officers at each school in America... 

Quote:Divide that up and that leaves $586,000 to give to each school in this country and you can pay NINE officers $65,000 a year to protect it.

Or 10 officers $50,000 a year and that leaves $86,000 leftovers for a raise for teachers or for whatever else. Arming and training teachers, bulletproof glass, or anything.

[*]

Once we went down that rabbit hole and discussed the logistical nightmares of it, you suggested maybe using two veterans at each school (along with 9-10 officers? Not sure.)

Quote:Many will say no and many won't be stable enough, but we don't need 8 or 10 veterans at every school. We'd probably only need two or so because, like I said, shooters will be scared off. 

[*]

Then, you asked for a single instance of a school shooting occurring with an armed guard at it...

Quote:Show me an instance where a mass shooting has occurred somewhere with an armed guard.

[*]

I provided three examples, but they aren't good enough. You are now changing your proposal from "police officers" to "soldiers".

Quote:You don't think the soldiers outside would have seen that and gone to stop him?

Your examples show how armed soldiers would be beneficial to schools and stopped these mass shootings.

[*]

So, we have gone from police, to veterans, to armed guards, to now soldiers. You also completely ignore the studies that I provided. I think the conversation has reached its natural conclusion and we simply don't see eye-to-eye here. That's okay. I hope that we as a country are able to find an adequate solution. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Easy Way To Protect Our Schools And Kids - KillerGoose - 04-01-2023, 07:12 PM