Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.33 Average
Players Are Coming To Bengals Because Of Joe Burrow
(03-31-2023, 04:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: When Burrow is making $50 mill a year, Chase and Tee $25 million...it's going to be significantly harder to add free agents. So we better get guys willing to take less.

I'd love to keep Tee. I just can't see how it works out without hurting the team elsewhere.

Unless they're willing to take below market value, I think those numbers are going to end up being low for Burrow and Chase.

The quicker the Bengals can get an extension done with Burrow, the better. If Hurts and Herbert get their deals done first, it's probably going to raise the price of Burrow's contract.

Justin Jefferson is about to reset the top of the WR market which is already at $30m/yr, and CeeDee Lamb will follow up and solidify the market right behind the top 3 paid. Chase would have to take well below market value to be at that number.

(03-31-2023, 04:16 PM)TheFan Wrote: Just last year KC offered him a 6 year 139mil contract to be their LT. Maybe he didn't get an offer like that this year but we don't know what offers he got or that no one else sees him a LT. 

That said, I agree that's there's no evidence that FA come/stay here because of Burrow. Like others have said, it's just something people keep saying without evidence. 

That's a completely meaningless number. The real number is the Chiefs only offered him $38m fully guaranteed while the Bengals offered $43.5m fully guaranteed.

Derek Carr signed a 3yr/$121.5m extension with the Raiders in 2022 and was cut this offseason because it only had $24.8m guaranteed at signing. Same thing with Geno Smith's reported 3yr/$105m contract. It's really a 2yr/$60m deal.

Guarantees are the thing that matters most in contracts. Not to mention the first 5 years of that Chiefs contract would have paid out $95m. So even if the Chiefs don't cut him well before because he has no guarantees, there is absolutely zero chance they would pay him $44m for his final year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Players Are Coming To Bengals Because Of Joe Burrow - TheLeonardLeap - 04-01-2023, 07:21 PM