Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Katie Blackburn-State of the Team
(04-01-2023, 08:01 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Just FYI 8 of the top 12 RBs in yards were in the playoffs last year. The ones that missed the playoffs just barely missed the playoffs. Having a good running back isn't something to be frowned upon.

Note:  The following is not me disagreeing with you......I'm just kinda talking out loud here.

Certainly an interesting stat, but not all situations are the same.  Our backs benefited from Joe B being here and opening things up for them.  Samje looked pretty good when he filled in for Mixon.  The Titans Off obviously goes through their RB.  Dallas' running game sets up their Off.  See Dak's stats when the running game isn't working.....they're not good.

My summary:  Successful teams have successful running games, even if they are pass focus.  But is that the RB or the team?  I don't think it automatically means the top 12 rb's in yards are the best 12rb's in the league, they could just be a product of having a good team.  

Best example was Barry Sanders.  That guy was an elite back on perennially crap teams.  His production obviously wasn't a product of the situation.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Katie Blackburn-State of the Team - pally - 03-29-2023, 08:12 PM
RE: Katie Blackburn-State of the Team - Stewy - 04-01-2023, 08:59 PM