Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Easy Way To Protect Our Schools And Kids
(04-01-2023, 09:56 PM)Leon Wrote: as someone who supports the 2nd an owns about 40 right now, i will say these school shootings break my heart every time and also ill say there are a ton of folks in this world that should never even be in the same room as a gun.

i dont know what the answer is cause every one just cares more about not givin in on anything than keeoin kids alive. its sad and it hurts to watch nothing ever get done knowing children are just going to keep on dying cause folks dont care enough to actually try.

I think people are just under incredible pressure in our culture.  They hold up ideals that aren't real or achievable.  Kids are told they have to be something that most will never be.  They are unsure and afraid, and their parents are overworked and not emotionally available.  Their priorities are formed by external factors that have no care for them whatsoever.  Meanness and humiliation are still rewarded, even in the age of anti-bullying campaigns.  It's honestly probably even worse due to the presence of social media, where it's literally rewarded monetarily.  

A gun is an equalizer.  

In some ways this is good. If my wife is in a parking garage at night and a 200lb man assaults her, a gun is just about the only thing that 's going to help her absent of timely police presence.  

In a lot of ways, it's real bad.  Weak individuals will view guns as the only possible way to impose their will or retribution on people they perceive as antagonists. These kids have their heads up a Youtuber's ass or on a video game server for most of their lives.  Why validate yourself through work when you can just buy a gun and become Superman?  You can kill the biggest, baddest dude at your school and you don't even have to make a long-term lifestyle change.  

I have no problem with guns or people owning them, but I have a major problem with the current gun culture.  It's stupid, threatening, and it largely glorifies weakness.  People get guns to be instant tough guys.  Just toss on a Punisher shirt and you can be ready to fight Mike Tyson.  It's bullshit and it's killing people.  Our society used to be sane enough to handle gun ownership with minimal collateral damage, but that time has passed.  A gun is no longer a tool with a purpose.  It defines it's owner, and it's a crutch for everything else of substance missing in a person's life.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Easy Way To Protect Our Schools And Kids - samhain - 04-01-2023, 10:29 PM